Title: Analysing Spatial Data in R (Sponsored by the GISC Program)
Instructor: Professor Roger S. Bivard, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
Date: Tuesday April 24, 2007
Time: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
Location: GISC computer lab (GR3.602) and round-table lunch in the Hoch Seminar Room (GR3.606)
- Unit 0: Why spatial data in R?
- Unit 1: Representing Spatial Data
- Unit 2: Vizualising Spatial Data
- Unit 3: Accessing spatial data
- Unit 4: Worked example: geo-statistics
- Unit 5: Worked examples: disease mapping
- scripts_data (zip archive)
The workshop is for spatial analysis practitioners and spatial econometrician needing to use the spatial statistical functionality of R. It introduces the spatial capabilities of R and provides worked examples.
Roger Bivand’s research focuses on theoretical developments and applications in spatial econometrics and the software implementation of novel spatial statistical routines. He is an ordinary member of the R foundation and the maintainer of several spatial libraries (maptools, spdep, spgwr, etc.).